Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Do I still need my FMU?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, Still playing with my fuel settings and I'm wondering if I can remove my Vortech 12:1 altogether..

    I have:

    370cc injectors
    Mallory FP
    VAFC
    CommandFlo
    12-15psi boost

    Baseline FP is 36psi (no VAC hooked up). Can I remove the FMU and just raise the pulse width/duty cycle with the AFC to comensate? Or am I missing something here, since the VAFC isn't boost dependant...

    TIA


    ------------------
    Fully built - TO4e powered

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the V-AFC shouldn't be your primary tuning. You should tune first with your riser, then smoooth everything out with the V-AFC, and as we've said, without a wideband o2 sensor and dyno time, you are wasting your time.

    ------------------
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/integra/
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/aa/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •